The 99th Annual General Meeting of the Old Scotch Football Club Inc. was held on 25 November at Scotch College. The meeting included presentations of the President’s Report and audited Financial Statements (a surplus was reported).
2019 was arguably the most successful year in the club’s history with all 7 teams making finals, 4 reaching the Grand Final and 3 teams winning the premiership. Our premierships were in the Men’s Premier B Reserves (undefeated), Women’s Division 1 (undefeated and 1st ever) and the Under 19 Premier team (1st time in the top section for 67 years) Tom Downie and Lily Goss won their respective Men’s and Women’s competition best & fairest awards. We also finished 2nd in the VAFA club championship, our highest ever finish.
There was a special resolution unanimously passed to change the financial year of the club from ending on 30 September to ending on 31 October. This will make it much easier for the club to more accurately record its financial transactions in respect to the current year, given the close proximity of 30 September to the end of the playing season and major end of year functions.
The election of the Office Bearers for 2020 was straight forward with all nominated individuals being elected unopposed into their positions.
- President Tim Shearer
- Vice President Football Jeff Halsall
- Vice President Administration, Strategy & Projects Dave McCleery
- General Manager/Secretary Peter Simpson
- Treasurer Graeme Lavelle
- Corporate Partnerships Steve Bull
- Memberships Rob Millar
- Foundation Gus McQueen
- Events Management Robin Halse
- Centenary Events Management Sandra Dick
- Women’s Football Co-ordinator Ian Hill
- Under Age Football Co-ordinator Tony Hocking
- Communications Steve Blenheim (ex officio)
We were also pleased to announce that TGS Partners Charted Accountants have been appointed as the club’s auditors again in 2020.