VAFA COVID-19 Update – 22/06/20

The VAFA Board met this evening to determine whether a season will proceed in 2020.

The Board wish to advise that they have decided that until AFL Return to Play (RTP) protocols are finalised and state government announcements about the ‘Return to Contact Training’ and permissible competition dates are confirmed – no decision can be made about the VAFA competition for the 2020 season proceeding.

The Board will meet on or about 6th July to determine whether to proceed with a 2020 season. The earliest date that the season can commence is July 25 and the latest date – August 1, and will only proceed upon the satisfaction of the above requirements.

We thank our clubs for their continued support and understanding in relation to the delay in this decision, especially in light of the weekend announcements from the State Government.

The VAFA Board and Administration remain committed to the 2020 season, making certain we can provide a safe environment for all to be part of.

The VAFA implore all of our community to maintain their role in reducing community transmissions at this crucial time, as we endeavour to return to the field “for the love of the game”.