Are you interested in being an integral member of a successful community football club?
We are seeking applications for the position of High Performance Manager, in the highest levels of the Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA). The key focus for the successful applicant is to maintain a high quality strength and conditioning program, developing and preparing players in readiness for Men’s Premier ‘A’ Section & Women’s Premier ‘B’ Section football. You will work closely with the club’s Football Director, Men’s & Women’s 1st XVIII coaches. Prior experience in High Performance Management in a high end community football or other sporting club at a minimum is essential. You will be expected to be part of high performing team that will bring individual and team success.
• Embrace and demonstrate by example the club vision and values:
• Plan and deliver player strength & conditioning programs
• Manage player’s game day and weekly training loads
• Organise and facilitate injury clinic and recovery sessions
• Follow up identified injured players and plan rehabilitation programs
• Liaise closely with our medical team including the club’s sports physician
• Manage regular meetings with the High Performance team
• Manage Deakin University Exercise Science students and resourcing
• Collate, interpret and utilise GPS & other key data metrics
• Ability to manage small teams including High Performance staff
• Ability to build positive working relationships with key stakeholders
• Effective communication skills working closely with players, coaches and staff
• Experience working with at minimum, high end community sporting teams
• Ability to drive success in the high performance management field
• Experience working with AFL/AFLW/VFL/VFLW clubs
• Australian Strength & Conditioning Association – Level 1 accreditation
• Bachelor of Exercise Science
• Experience working with elite athletes
Enquires should be directed to Donald McDonald, OSFC Football Director by telephone on 0413 946 946. Remuneration is negotiable and applications are to be lodged via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, 10th September 2021.