Are you interested in being an integral member of a successful community football club?
We are seeking applications for the positions of Assistant Coach in our Men’s 1st XVIII, in the Premier ‘A’ Section of the Victorian Amateur Football Association. The key focus for the successful applicants are to assist the Head Coach in a high quality coaching program, developing and preparing players in readiness for Men’s Premier ‘A’ Section football. You will work closely with the club’s Football Director, Men’s 1st & 2nd XVIII coaches and the other assistant coaches. Prior coaching experience in a high level community football club at a minimum is essential. You will be expected to be part of high performing team that will bring individual and team success.
- Embrace and demonstrate by example the club vision and values https://oldscotchfc.com.au/cultural-alignment/
- Understanding and execution of the football strategies/structure and game plan
- Assist in the delivery of high performance training programs
- Collaborate with medical staff including physiotherapists and the sports physician
- Continuous personal self-development
- Individual and group player skill development with a focus on high achievement
- Understanding of opposition clubs, players and game style
- Provide constructive feedback and communication to players and other coaches
- Value added input to selection of the Men’s 1st XVIII team
- Attendance at Men’s 1st XVIII matches and training sessions
- Ability to successfully manage smaller groups within a larger team
- Ability to build positive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective communication skills working closely with players, coaches and staff
- Experience working with at minimum, high level community football teams
- Ability to help drive success in a high performing environment
- Experience working with high level community clubs and/or VFL/AFL
- AFL Foundation Coaching – Level 1 or 2 accreditation
Enquires should be directed to Donald McDonald, OSFC Football Director by telephone on 0413 946 946. Remuneration is negotiable and applications are to be lodged via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday, 15th September 2021.