Are you interested in being an integral member of a successful community football club?
The Old Scotch Football Club (OSFC) is seeking applications for the position of Men’s Under 19 Development Coach in the Victorian Amateur Football Association. The key focus for the successful applicant is to support our high quality coaching program, developing and preparing players in readiness for Men’s Under 19 Premier and Premier ‘A’ Section football. You will work in partnership with the club’s Football Director and Under 19 Premier Coach & Assistants. Prior experience in coaching is desirable. You are expected to have attained or will attain at a minimum the level 1 AFL Foundation Coaching Foundation accreditation. You will be expected to successfully develop and lead a team of young men.
- Embrace and demonstrate by example the club vision and values https://oldscotchfc.com.au/cultural-alignment/
- Understanding and execution of the football strategies/structure and game plan
- Assist in the delivery of high performance training programs
- Collaborate with medical staff including physiotherapists and the sports physician
- Continuous personal self-development
- Individual and group player skill development
- Provide constructive feedback and communication to players and other coaches
- Selection of Under 19 Development team and input to Under 19 Premier team
- Attendance at the Under 19 Development team’s matches and training sessions
- Ability to successfully manage a team within a larger Under 19 group
- Ability to build positive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective communication skills working closely with players, coaches and staff
- Experience working with community football teams
- Ability to help develop young men in a high performing environment
- Experience coaching within community football
- AFL Foundation Coaching – minimum level 1
Enquires can be made to Donald McDonald, OSFC Football Director on 0413 946 946. Remuneration is available and applications are to be lodged via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, 5th November 2021.